Book Review – ZL

Task Description:

Recently Team Tui had gone to the library to review some books. I chose pollution by Sally Morgan!

I learnt a lot about reviewing books and the important points of making a good book review. Here are mine.

1. Start by introducing the book. Include the title, author and a brief summary of what the book is about.

2. Share your impressions of the book. Talk about what you liked and what you didn’t like. Be honest and clear in your assessment.

3. Provide examples from the book to support your opinions. This can help your readers understand your perspective and engage with your review.

4. Consider the target audience for the book. Is it meant for children, young adults or adults? This can help you frame your review in a way that is relevant for your readers.

5. Finally, wrap up your review with a conclusion. Would you recommend this book to others? Why or why not?

These are my 5 points on making a book review, taking this into account, here is my review on the book ‘Pollution’ by Sally Morgan

Review:

My friend and I had read “Pollution” by Sally Morgan, and it was a truly enlightening experience. The book provides an in-depth analysis of the various types of pollution, including air, water, and land pollution, their sources, and their effects on the environment and how to change to make the world a safer place. What I appreciated most about Sally Morgan’s writing style was how she presented the information in a clear and concise manner, making it easy for readers to understand the complexities of the topic, without overcomplicating it.

Throughout the book, Morgan provides numerous real-life examples and case studies, which allowed me to better comprehend how pollution affects people’s lives and the environment. She also dives into the politics and economics of pollution, discussing how governments and corporations contribute to the problem and what they can do to reduce it.

One of the standout features of the book is the comprehensive overview of the possible solutions to pollution. The author provides various strategies, from individual actions to collective efforts, that can be taken to reduce pollution levels and prevent further damage to the environment. What I appreciated most about these solutions is that they are practical and actionable, which gives readers a sense of hope and empowerment.

However while “Pollution” by Sally Morgan is an excellent book overall, some readers may find that it focuses too heavily on the problems of pollution and doesn’t spend enough time highlighting the successes and progress made in reducing pollution levels. Additionally, some readers may find the book to be too easy and for a younger audience despite younger people not touching on this type of topic very often. However, these criticisms do not detract from the book’s overall value and importance in raising awareness about pollution and the need for action.

In conclusion, “Pollution” by Sally Morgan is a must-read for anyone interested in understanding the complexities of pollution and its impacts on our planet. It is informative, engaging, and provides practical solutions that can be implemented in our daily lives. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who cares about the environment and wants to make a positive difference in the world.

By Zuri and Liana